One of my other passions in life, other than sharing health tips, is cooking! I’ll be honest…I love to eat. Tying to stay healthy and satisfy my love of eating has, unfortunately, been a challenge. Being a nurse for about 20 years, I have met many people for whom this also has been difficult.
For the past few years, I have tried to cook healthy foods that I find delicious, and I decided to finally share my recipes with all of you! These recipes are very easy to make.
Today, I would like to present, “Healthy Egg and Hummus Bagel”! (sorry I’ve been watching alot of Chopped and Iron Chef Japan recently, and many of the chefs present their plates to the judges this way. BTW Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef Japan rocks!! :))
This recipe takes about 15-20 minutes to make depending on how fast you can spread hummus on a bagel 🙂 Hope you enjoy this easy recipe! If you make it, please post a pic of your egg and hummus bagel creation. I love seeing other people’s cooking 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 1 bagel
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper (for taste)
- Put enough water in a pot to cover the bottom 1/4 of the pot. Boil on high heat. Because you will be steaming the eggs, you do not need to put alot of water in the pot.
- Once the water is boiling, place the 2 eggs in the boiling water and cover with a lid. Set a timer for 7 minutes. (If you would like your eggs a little more hard boiled than what is shown in the picture above, boil the eggs for 8 or 9 minutes instead.)
- Slice your bagel in half and toast it.
- Grab a bowl and place cold water and ice in it. Once the eggs have boiled/steamed for 6 minutes, place them in the bowl with ice water and let the eggs sit in the ice water for a few minutes.
- Once the bagels are toasted, place them on a plate and spread hummus on both slices.
- Take the eggs from the ice water and remove the shell from both eggs.
- Cut the eggs into slices and place the sliced eggs evenly on both hummus bagels.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste…and VOILA!! You’re done! Enjoy!!
2 thoughts on “Healthy Egg and Hummus Bagel (yum!)”
Have never combined eggs and hummus, but it is worth a try!
Thanks for liking my post 🙂 The recipe was something I thought of randomly because I wanted to pair the eggs with something a bit salty. I saw hummus in my fridge and thought “why not?” It’s been one of my favorite breakfast/brunch dishes. Hope you like it too!
LikeLiked by 1 person